2nd Half Lounge owns the content (written, audio and/or video) on this site, and the copyrights for all of it too. Hopefully the permissions below will help on a couple of fronts: 1) Spreading 2nd Half Lounge content all over the place & 2) Making sure my intellectual property rights are protected. Reasonable, eh? All right, here are some common scenarios.
Things you can simply go for … don’t bother emailing, tweeting, etc.
- Link to my site or any specific post on my site.
- Extract and re-post less than 200 words on any other site, provided you link back to my original post.
- Print off my posts and photocopy up to 50 copies for internal distribution within your own company or organization.
- Print my posts in any non-commercial publication (e.g., company newsletter, church newsletter, class syllabus, etc.), provided you include this copyright notice: “© 2010, LGAP, LLC. All rights reserved. Originally published at www.2ndhalflounge.com.”
Things I want to “ok” in writing before you actually pull the trigger:
- Re-post one of my posts in its entirety anywhere else on the Internet.
- Use my content for commercial purposes, including selling or licensing printed or video versions of my content.
- Alter, transform, or build upon my content.
The rules above don’t apply to Guest posters and their content. Guests retain the copyrights to posts they write, and/or videos they produce. The permissions above don’t apply. If you’d like to use their content, then contact them directly.
If you have other ideas for my content that aren’t really covered above, then just shoot me an email so we can discuss it in more detail.