Episode Number 42 - 02.08.11

10 Wallet-Friendly Valentine’s Ideas

Click to go to Amazon. If you buy it, the Lounge gets gas money.

It’s that time. Valentine’s Day. At a loss for what to do? We got you covered … and it won’t cost you an arm and a leg. As a matter of fact, … today’s video could make you a hero for the next Birthday & Anniversary too.

If you haven’t read Gary Chapman’s book The 5 Love Languages … you should. It opened my eyes BIG time to how my wife, Dani, is wired … and how I’m wired.  That’s good stuff.  Click here to take a quiz and find out your love language.

The Cooking Husband, Thomas Zebley has got it going on. Food, drinks, yeah. Be a hero to your special someone. Cook.

Picasa is free photo editing software from Google.

Wolf Camera stores are just about everywhere.

Earth Paint & Fire is an awesome DIY pottery place in Woodstock, GA and is affiliated with nationwide Paint Your Own Pottery.

For more info on Family Therapist Virginia Satir go to The Virginia Satir Global Network. One of her more famous quotes, “Creating peace in the world strongly resembles making peace in the family.”

15 Responses to “10 Wallet-Friendly Valentine’s Ideas”

1. Maggie February 8, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

Thanks Doug! I loved all the different ideas that might go along with your mates love language! Flowers,choc., etc. are great, but like you said… predictable. Something with a little more effort and thought is so full of love! Great video!

• Doug February 8, 2011 at 5:02 pm #

Glad you liked it Maggie. Hope it helps …. whoever!

2. Noemy Clayborn February 8, 2011 at 4:26 pm #

I have to hug him 4-12 times a day? And spend time with him? Geesh – this is work (JK)
    Good stuff! Simple stuff!!!

• Doug February 8, 2011 at 5:04 pm #

Simple is good. Sorry for the drudgery.

3. Carole Lange February 8, 2011 at 6:17 pm #

Thanks for the ideas Doug!!

4. Dave February 8, 2011 at 6:47 pm #

Great ideas! After 40 years, it is hard to come up with something new.

• Doug February 9, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

Glad it was helpful!

5. Dave February 8, 2011 at 6:53 pm #

Here is an excellent video to watch together. We found it very eye opening. We sent copies to each of our kids.

• Doug February 9, 2011 at 7:23 pm #

We’ll check it out. Thanks Dave!

6. Fran February 8, 2011 at 7:37 pm #

Love the idea of the 5 Love languages book…Ive read it and its pretty interesting to figure out things about your spouse that are so simple and so huge! Also, liked the idea of the 3 karat diamond ring…oh wait.

• Doug February 9, 2011 at 12:04 pm #

Yeah … I’m not sure at what karat-size you DON’T lose effort points … but if I gave a 3-karat diamond ring … I’d hope it’d be a positive.

7. Beka February 9, 2011 at 1:22 am #

This was GREAT! i’ll pass it along to the bf 😉 😉

• Doug February 9, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

Good idea!

8. Abigail February 9, 2011 at 4:44 am #

Thanks what great ideas! They seem good for all relationships regardless of Valentines Day or not, and I love the specific ideas for each love language! I’ve heard of the 5 ways to express/receive love but it’s nice to see examples correlating with each one, nice work 😀

• Doug February 9, 2011 at 12:03 pm #

There’s always a birthday or anniversary or something around the corner. So … let me know if you get/give something perfect!