Episode Number 20 - 12.02.10

Working in Your Passion – George Greven

Great news: after you find your passion, you get to work in it.  BigTime Creative Services Ringleader George Greven let’s us know what that’s like.  Having known George for several years, I can tell you his zest is genuine.

George found his passion a long time ago, lucky dog.   After big agency and corporate gigs, doing things like “What’s in Your Wallet“, George created BigTime Creative so small businesses could enjoy big time advertising.  He does cool stuff, and he loves it. Enjoy.

If you’re new to 2hl, you might want to watch this past Tuesday’s talk with Randy Komisar on finding your passion.  It’s a great setup for today’s piece.

8 Responses to “Working in Your Passion – George Greven”

1. Gina Klawitter December 2, 2010 at 6:05 pm #

I’ve worked with George and he is the real thing, the best. Funny guy, too, fun to be with. George brightens everyone’s day. Beyond his results, people just like knowing him. I don’t see that ever going away. His work is him and vice versa.

2. Doug December 3, 2010 at 12:48 am #

Gina, agreed on George. He’s top shelf. George sent me a link to your site. Really, really cool stuff. Thanks for becoming part of the Lounge.

3. John Malmstrom December 7, 2010 at 11:47 am #

I had the pleasure of hiring George many years ago, and was privileged to eventually become his friend. He’s top-drawer.

• Doug December 7, 2010 at 12:57 pm #

Thanks for your note, John. It’s hard to imagine a client who DOESN’T want to be friends with George … unless of course he pulls out the Packer paraphernalia.

4. Donny January 12, 2011 at 7:19 pm #

Nice to see someone who is passionate about something succeeding in their work. Hey Doug, a link to the show you mention in the lead-up to the interview would be awesome! Enjoying the site, and starting to re-imagine my own 2nd Half!

• Doug January 12, 2011 at 7:35 pm #

Donny … here’s the link http://www.2ndhalflounge.com/2010/11/finding-your-passion-2/ It’s on the site, just a couple of days before George’s piece. It’s a really good talk. Actually, it has been inspiring to maybe the widest range of people yet. I’ve got some younger video guys (24) who were really fired up, as well as people in their 50s and beyond. After you watch, let me know what you think.

• Donny January 12, 2011 at 8:15 pm #

That text at the top of the page “f you’re new to 2hl, you might want to watch this past Tuesday’s talk with Randy Komisar…” is just dying to have this link worked into it. 😉

• Doug January 12, 2011 at 10:55 pm #